WHAT IS COVERME MEDICAL?
CoverMe Medical is a mobile communication platform designed by medical specialist for medical specialists. It has been created to simplify the communication pathways between busy medical specialists, healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities to help save time, improve relevant information access and security, access new work opportunities and increase departmental utilization and efficiency.
CoverMe Medical enables healthcare professionals to simply and efficiently connect to focused regional specialty networks to post cover requests for specialty medical lists, find specialty work opportunities or post and access available medical consulting and surgical theatre space.
HOW DO WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
CoverMe Medical may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information submitted from you or from other users and healthcare organisations who may add personal information about you, directly into the CoverMe Medical application. We may also collect, hold, use and disclose Professional Registration and Accreditation information about you from publicly available Australian National Board publications.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE?
We only collect, hold, use and disclose personal information and sensitive information for purposes which are directly related to our services, functions or activities, and only when it is necessary for, or directly related to these purposes.
This includes information such as your:
- Professional Accreditation Details
- Email Address(s)
- Telephone Number(s)
- Work Locations & Times
Your personal information may be linked to other information we hold about you. We may also combine your personal information we receive from you with information collected or obtained from third parties or public sources, for the purpose of providing a better service to you as a medical professional or a health practice using our software products and services.
Due to the professional nature of the CoverMe Medical communication platform, it would be impracticable for CoverMe Medical to allow users to be anonymous or use pseudonyms when identifying themselves on the CoverMe Medical Application.
WHY DO WE NEED TO COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE THIS INFORMATION?
This information we collect is required to enable the primary purpose of the CoverMe Medical application and other purposes directly related to the primary purpose which include:
- enable you to access and use CoverMe Medical applications and services;
- notify you and your CoverMe Medical contacts of relevant work opportunities;
- notify you and your CoverMe Medical contacts of relevant changes to you or your CoverMe Medical contacts scheduled lists;
- confirming Medical Professional Registration details provided;
- notify and inform CoverMe Medical users and connections of relevant contact information when requesting and accessing professional work opportunities;
- communicating relevant contact information between CoverMe Medical users when professional work opportunities have been established on the CoverMe Medical platform by you or other users;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- to provide you with customised information about your use of our software products and services;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages that may be of interest to you;
- to operate, improve and optimise our website, our software products and services and your user experience, such as performing analytics and conducting research on the use and operation of our software products;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and other information requested by you;
- to administer surveys, contests or other promotional activities sponsored by or managed by us;
- to comply with our legal obligations, including any court orders or requests from law enforcement agencies, and to enforce our agreements with third parties;
- as expressly permitted or authorised by law; and
- any other purpose, with your consent.
We may use personal information collected from you or about you for the purpose of providing you with information about relevant professional work opportunities, offers for carefully selected products and services, updates regarding our website and app services and information in the form of a newsletter.
However, if you wish to cease receiving any such information you may let us know either by email using the details set out in the Contact Us details below or unsubscribing at any time and your request will be actioned as soon as possible.
ACCESSING OR CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may access or change your details at any time by advising us in writing via email using the details set out in the Contact Us details below.
Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request such information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our website and app, and we periodically update our security measures in light of current technologies.
We will use all reasonable means to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Data while in our possession or control. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is kept secure, accurate and up to date and is protected from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we, and our third party service providers, use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information and sensitive information.
COOKIES AND PIXELS
MAKING A COMPLAINT
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information or sensitive information, you can contact us using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and will use our best endeavours to respond to your complaint within 30 days of receiving it.
If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily or you still have a concern, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner in any of the following ways:
phone: 1300 363 992
fax: +61 2 9284 9666
mail: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001 or GPO Box 2999 Canberra ACT 2601
Phone: +61 2 90521558
Mail: Privacy Officer, CoverMe Medical Pty Ltd, 55 Tyrrell Street, The Hill, NSW 2300